Friday, March 9, 2007

Writers Craft-foreshadowing

Before I started the book I heard from many of my friends that the book is very good. Therefore I already had a image of what kind of book it will be. They said that it will be mysterious and have a little bit of action at the same time. By looking at the cover I was able to see that there was a very huge manta over a small rowboat. So it obviously told me that there was going to be some action in it. However the title was somewhat mysterious. The title was “The Black Pearl.” So obviously it was going to be something about a pearl. The pearl I am guessing is going to play a very big role with in the story. I am foreshadowing in the beginning a young boy goes out with a friend out to the sea to go find a great pearl. They find a not just any ordinary pearl but something greater than that. But that becomes a great journey that they will have to take. While traveling back they will run into monsters that will try and take the pearl from them but they are able to run away from them. However they meet the monster of all the great manta. But they were able to escape the monster and go back to their hometown and gained respect from the towns’ people. That is what I am foreshadowing in the story.

No comments: